Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Second Life Avatar


Though I’m not really interested in the other features of Second Life, I do enjoy being able to shop and change my appearance. I have experimented with different clothes and hairstyles with my avatar. I like the fact that you can change anything about your avatar appearance, even their skin and body shape. I like the fantasy element to this feature of the game. Your avatar can look as outrageous as you desire. I think the reason I enjoy this aspect of the game so much is because when I was younger I experiment with my own appearance. During my teen years, I changed my hair color and style often. I have had everything from black to purple hair. My hair has been really short to really long. Also, I would straighten my hair or let it go curly. Also, I was very into fashion, in high school I would wear different outfits all the time, and I never wore the same outfit twice. However, the days of combat boots, fishnets, and pink hair are long behind me. Nowadays I am more hesitant to alter my appearance or wear more outlandish outfits. I think I enjoy changing my avatars appearance in Second Life, because it allows me to explore this aspect of my personality without the commitment.

No comments: